Karaage is our all-time favorite food, very easy to prepare and tasty to the palate. I always use chicken thigh for this dish, because the result is a lot juicier than chicken breast. To save time I use ginger powder instead of ginger juice.
1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken thigh, cut into bite size
3 tbs low sodium soy sauce (I use Kikkoman)
2 tbs sake
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 cup potato starch (approx.)
cooking oil for frying
1. Put chicken pieces in the big bowl.
2. Mix together soy sauce, sake & ginger powder and pour over chicken pieces.
3. Let chicken pieces to marinade for about an hour.
4. Drain the chicken, toss in potato starch to coat. Add more starch if needed.
5. Heat deep fryer to 330F.
6. Fry chicken in small batch until golden brown. Serve with ketchup or spicy mayo.
Skillet Pork Chops & Tangy Sauce
2 hours ago